We provide disability awareness training for businesses, community groups and charities. Our experienced team hold British Sign Language certificates and have lived experience of disability. The sessions are a mixture of practical exercises and theory.
Each course is tailor-made to meet the needs of the group but sessions generally include work on:
- Terminology – understanding the impact of negative and positive terms.
- Overviews of different disabilities, including physical, hidden and learning.
- Basic sign language/Makaton.
- Visual impairments: participants experience a range of visual impairments and learn how to support someone.
- Practical wheelchair skills.
- Disability-specific sports – participants are given the chance to take part in a range of inclusive sports, including wheelchair basketball, seated volleyball, boccia and goalball.
For more information or to book the disability awareness programme contact us below or call: 01273 668590.
Watch our awareness raising film from International Day of Persons with a Disability about amputee football.
Albion in the Community is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the protection of all children, young people and adults. We view our responsibility for ensuring the welfare and wellbeing of all children, young people and adults who engage in our activities as our highest priority.
Get the latest news
Keep up to date with all the latest from Albion in the Community. Sign up for our newsletter here.